2018 National Gift Basket Rally-Event Schedule ALL VIP Ticket holders get all events listed!
(Please plan arrive at Comfort Inn and rest Wed 6/13/18 Tom, Pam, Staff & Vendors will be setting up the event in the conference area 6-9:00pm)
Please bring a sweater for conference room maybe cool, bring pen & inventory list, bring any questions for one on one help, bring any flyer or design items if you need some personal help, and come rested ready to start your holiday plans!
You might want to bring a few address labels for ordering with shipping info, Credit card for ordering, Cash for Cash & Carry, Business cards to share & win prizes, and don't forget your smile and business summer camp adventure attitude.
As most of you know our Gift Basket Events always have a THEME and 2018 is "SUMMER BUSINESS CAMP"! We will have tons of fun, networking, learning, business, marketing, & lots of Surprises!
- 8:15-8:45 Registration outside Conference door “Comfort Inn” Pick up name badge, workbook, surprise, coffee, & network. Doors to conference room will open at 8:45 pick a seat!
- 8:45 - 9:00 Pick a seat, visit the coffee bar, and get ready for "2018 Summer Business Camp Welcome" Please turn Phones to Vibrate!
- 9:00-9:15 Introductions & opening welcome – SUMMER CAMP RULES
- 9:15-9:45- “So, it’s June, “NOW WHAT” by Pam
- This plan is for Success and yes possibly a merit badge! Have you ever asked yourself now what, well everyday should count in your business and this class may change the way you look at your own plan!
- 9:45-10:30 - “How do I get the Business” by Sue
- By far the most frequent question asked by all business owners. Sue breaks down specifically what works for local gift basket businesses. Take a deep breathe, it really doesn’t have to be that hard.
- 10:30-10:40 - Break
- 10:40-11:20 - “PICK ME” Introduction that make them want further conversation. by BEN
- Tell them a story, your story. Let's talk about a way you can introduce yourself to a person or a group of people and leave them wanting more. Ben will get you ready with his Pick Me attitude!
- 11:20-12:00 - "Corporate Selling for year-round" by LeAnn
- Learn how to amp up your yearly sales through corporate marketing and monthly marketing campaigns. Strategic planning and setting sales goals! Leann is a seasoned gift basket business owner and will help you with corporate as only she can! Years of success!
- 12:00-1:30 Lunch on your own – You can call out have it delivered during your break… menu’s available
- 1:30-2:15 - "Easy Affordable Gifts for everyday SALES" by Kim
- Some of the best and most appreciated gifts are those that are given "just because". Learn how to expand your line of inexpensive "everyday" gifts as Kim takes you through the planning, design, and customers will be thanking YOU!!
- 2:15 – 3:00 - "My Storefront" by Barbara
- Have you collected all those campfire beads or merit badges and your closets, basement, garage and dining room can hold no more? Are you ready to move your arts and crafts projects to a place where they can be displayed? Barbara will give you tips and insights on running your own camp commissary.
- 3:00-3:10 – Break
- 3:10-4:00 - “Making my inventory affordable & inventory that works for me!” By: Pam
- Do you know what to order, when, how much, where to purchase, and how to store it? Well this is not a hide and seek or imaginary game we are going to get it right this year! Bring your list of inventory & get ready to work! Learn to estimate, order, and grow with PROFIT!
- 4:00 – 4:45 - Vendor Showcase – All vendor preview, new holiday items & demo 1 item
- sneak peek “show and tell”!
- 4:45- 7:00 - Vendor Meet and Greet - Reception (Food will be served camp Vendor Style) Lot's of surprises at this Event!
- Partners are FREE however need to pre-register for Name Tags) Sponsor TONY!
- TRADE SHOW – one on one chat with Vendors
Friday June 15th
- 9:00 – 9:15 Welcome back highlights of camp from yesterday by Tom & Pam
- 9:15 – 10:00 - “Designing your homebased workspace” by Pam
- Is your homebased office your dinner table? How about your prep station and inventory room? Let's look at the flow and homebased workspace like never- before! We have been in your shoes and have some ideas for you. Tom & Pam have owned home-base, warehouse, retail, & internet for with over 30 years success in the gift basket business.
- 10:00-10:45 - "Invisible showroom" by Ben
- The whole planet is my showroom! No Showroom? No problem. Let's talk about how we can arrange a showing for our products in many different places. We don't need a permanent location when we have a floating showroom! Ben has some great ideas to help you grow this year!
- 10:45 – 10:55 Quick Break
- 10:55 – 11:20 – “Basic – Advanced Designing with the WOW Factor”
- Make your design amazing and unforgettable with enhancements to treasure
- Make it corporate and theme it affordably with our quick tricks of the trade
- 11:20 – 12:00 – Team work comes alive – this is a must to attend and yes prizes!
- 12:00 – 1:30 LUNCH provided Camp Style “Photo Shoot – Head Shots” (SURPRISE you will get a great Camp Style LUNCH)
- 1:30 – 2:15 "Putting on a Business Expo" what do I need? Leann
- Learn how to design a simple yet effective and inexpensive marketing booth to display your designs. Key tips and tricks for a successful event!
- 2:15 – 3:00 “Honest Scoop on Social Media” by Sue
- You already know you need to do it. But you may be asking, “What platform? How often? What do I say?” Sue is going to break down the latest word on the good, the bad and the ugly about social media. I think you may be in for a surprise or two!
- 3:00 – 4:00 - "Designing year-round while working full-time" by Kim
- So, you have a full-time job and a gift business side hustle? Kim will present ways to keep up with the demand, stay motivated and inspired, create fabulous designs, and maintain "multiple job" and life balance.
- 4:00 – 6:00 – Trade Show
- 6:00 – 7:30 Dinner on your own – Network and go together
- 8:00 – 9:30 OPTIONAL Campfire Ghost stories with Group Leaders "Super Session of Excite Talks of Influential Thinkers" This will be a great evening with all of our Summer Group Leaders there to guide you in the dark!!!!!!!!!
Saturday June 14th Last Day
- 9:00 – 9:15 Welcome Back Highlights of camp last 2 days & last day wind up….
- 9:15 – 10:00 - Surprise "Sales" class - Derek & Angela
- The surprise is DEREK won't tell us what all this class is about. How-ever we know it will be amazing and a must to attend!
- 10:00 – 10:45 - Photo Shooting with today’s Technology “How, why, where to add & equipment needs?” By NICK
- Nick will help you with your photo challenges of today with his expert of technology! Be ready to learn & practice with Nick.
- 10:45 – 10:55 – quick break
- 10:55 – 11:25– The Christmas Plan – Finding your goal – Making your goal work – Refresher
- 11:25 – 12:00 - "FOLLOW UP to Stay in Business": with Pam
- Follow up is the biggest part of your business or it should be! How are you doing with leads, past clients, receivers of your designs, and vendors? No matter if you are a designer, coach, vendor, sales pro you need to follow-up and Pam will help you with this.
- 12:00 – 2:00 – Cash & Carry - HUGS and Good Bye (Remember on Monday 6/16/18 You will have a lot of work to do to get Christmas ideas ready that you learned & marketing to start pre-scheduling & launching)
Other Events included in your VIP Ticket
- Campfire Ghost stories with Group Leaders "Super Session of Excite Talks of Influential Thinkers" This will be a great evening with all of our Summer Group Leaders there to guide you in the dark!!!!!!!!! Thursday evening 6/14/18
- Hands on time – Practice clinic challenge (Team Style) SPECIAL PRIZES!
- Vendor Meet and Greet - Reception (Food will be served camp style Partners are FREE however need to pre-register for Name Tags) Sponsor TONY!
- Head Shots with Ben & Nick!
- Trade Show & Cash -Carry Showcase
- Networking Lunch on Friday 6/15/18 Summer Camp Style with Tony & Ben
- Vendor Showcase time - NEW holiday preview of what is new, demo time, and see it 1st.! Our Vendors are the BEST OF THE BEST wholesalers for our industry. Get a jump on holiday products! Get to know your Vendors and get the News about the holiday lines!
- Notebooks, Surprises, and Name tags will be at the reception area at check in 6/14/18 with Ben (Comfort Inn Akron/Canton Airport - Conference Ball Room)
- Lots of Networking and one on one time with all experienced staff & coach team! Bring questions
- Vendor's will extend their show specials until 6/25/18 for your pre holiday orders make sure you have orders placed!